Skip to main content

I Left My $$$ in Canton!

I found so many new places and new things at Canton. I had pretty much tapped everything out before this trip and bought everything that I wanted there. I'm not sure if it was because I went on a Friday and the things I found were normally sold out by the time I got there on Sunday, or if because it wasn't very crowded, I was able to see things I couldn't see in a crowd. Whatever, the cause, I found lots of goodies.

I bought lots of jewelry. This was what I bought at one place. These are fun necklaces that you can add little baubles to.
Here's a close-up of the baubles... The Pink K flips over and is black and white. The Tech bauble flips over and looks different on the other side too. I bought the metal bead chains to wear a single various bauble on, and yesterday I wore the black necklace with the peace one attached. It was very cute. This place was a little like crack, once you started, you couldn't stop! I hope to hit it up again next time and add to the collection.

I got these cute picture holders. I'm not sure where they are going or what photos are going in them, but I stuck a few in for demonstrative purposes. The great thing about these is you can sit them on a coffee table because you can double side the photos.
A new outdoor flag for the back yard
Of course, I had to get some Tech stuff too... I visited this one cute booth at our Junior League market in November and got a cute t-shirt then. I stopped by their booth at Canton and picked up this t-shirt. When it is cooler, they sell long sleeve lace or burn-put t's to go under them. All they had this month was black, but they are getting in red in the fall, so I'm waiting to purchase a red one.
I got this cute little wall plaque. I don't know where it is going, but it is so slim, he won't take up much room.
I also purchased another necklace that I didn't get a photo of, but it is lots of bright colors. I purchased 3 friends their birthday presents (Fall b-days, but it may get too hot to go back before then) and a wedding shower gift for a friend. I also bought a new bag to carry my school stuff in, but it is being monogrammed and will be mailed to me. I'll take a photo and post once I get that.
So we didn't leave Canton until about 6:00 on Friday night. I called Lola's usual rescuer, Lisa, to come by the house after work and let Lola go potty. The potty break didn't go so smoothly because the fence crew was here working and hadn't put up the temporary fence yet. After Lisa looked everywhere and finally found the leash, she opened the back door and Lola shot out like a cannon ball! Lisa said the workmen nearly had a heart attack. Lola hit the end of the retractable leash and catapulted back. Quite the scene I'm sure. Lola never took advantage of the potty break, and Lisa said she looked pretty put out that Lisa wouldn't let her attack these guys!
I had no idea the fence guys were coming! They had said maybe Thursday or Friday if they didn't get rained out earlier in the week, but it rained all week and they weren't here by 10:45 on Friday, so I had written them off until next week. Poor Lola had to watch out the window as these guys were "stealing the fence" and all she could do was watch and bark. She really wore herself out! She seemed quite traumatized on Friday night. Here is a photo of how tired she was:
The fence guys aren't coming back until Monday. We've had lots of rain again this weekend, so I'm loving the muddy mess I get to deal with all weekend. The neighbors are really helping out with the madness too... you can see they have thrown out a loaf of bread for the birds and Lola is quite taken by all the birds and they're driving her nuts.

I had a wedding shower that I had to attend in Southlake yesterday morning. I had to leave my house at 9:00 a.m. yesterday to make it for the brunch shower. I was so worn out by last night that I looked like that photo of worn out Lola.

Comments

Suzanna Cooper said…
I have been anxiously waiting your post! Cute stuff! Where the booths on the normal path, or did you venture elsewhere? We are going next month...I can hardly wait!
Abby said…
I love the jewlry and the K flag. So cute. i can't wait to see the bag as I am sure I will love it as well. So jealous!!
Caroline said…
I've never been to Canton, but want to go really badly. I love all your Tech stuff- especially your necklace. Next time you go, I may have to have you get one for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo