Skip to main content

"It's How Much?" and other stories from a random Tuesday...

After court this morning, I went to Canton to retrieve this dresser that I purchased last month...



it is now safely in my garage and I'm happy to report that I didn't get ripped off!  Now I really hope that I can sell my other furniture on Craigslist soon.  I know I previously bought tables to use as nightstands on clearance at Pier One for 90% off, BUT I got the stupid Tuesday Morning brochure yesterday and they have bedside tables TO DIE FOR!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet...

In other news, I FINALLY got a call from the vet here in McKinney that Lola's medicine was in.  Just to back up a little, Lola needs to take this...


She has been on a 30 day course of Atopica before.  Our most fabulous vet in Wichita Falls came up with the idea of trying this since she cannot take steroids anymore due to her crappy pancreas.  Anyway, the stuff works pretty good, but it costs $60 for a 15 day supply.  Last week we went to the vet here because Fabulous WF vet was on vacation.  Vet here says he has to order it, but it will be in on Monday.  He mentions it's expensive, I say, "Yeah I know".  It doesn't come in yesterday, but finally does today.  I got to pick up my two boxes and they try to charge me $87 for each stinking box!  I say, "No way, I'm not paying that, I have purchased it twice before for $60 a box".    They don't budge or offer to sell it to me cheaper, so I say "Sorry, but I'm getting it from my other vet.  I hope you can return it." and walk out.

Luckily for us, my parents were headed to WF this afternoon, so they are picking it up for me there and will mail it. 

Finally in other news, I was talking to Abby this afternoon and part of our conversation was about Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.  This is Ree...


  If you don't know about her website you should give her a visit.  She is great for funny stories, great recipes, photography information, home and garden, etc.  She has a cookbook coming out in October and will be in Dallas for a signing in December and we are having a blog friends party and planning to go see her.

Anyway, after I got off the phone with Abby, I googled Ree because Abby was telling me about an LA Times article on her.  Then I found an article that tells us the name of Marlboro Man (her husband) and her punks (kids)!  If you want to know, click here.  I found it to be a very exciting part of my day to make this discovery because I wonder about it nearly every day when I read her site!  Also, this means that I am super lame-o and have a very boring life!  Oh well...

Comments

Caroline said…
Can't wait to hear the conclusion to the bedside table dilemma. I hate it when I find something I like better after I have already made my purchase.

Thanks for the link to the article about Ree. I NEVER would have guessed that MM's real name is Ladd. He just doesn't look like a Ladd to me. Not that I've ever met someone named Ladd, but you know.
Abby said…
Ok Ladd would have never worked for the high heels to tractor wheels story. The only Ladd I know is Pepper's brother. I like the name but not very cowboy.

I love that her daughter's name is Alex, I wanted to name Emery that. I also loved Bryce...now I know why I like her so much (mean and the other 25,000 people reading her blog!). I knew when she was buying camera's and expensive printers to print her pictures on, that their had to be money some where. Can't wait to meet up for the cook book signing!

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo