Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bargain Thursday

Shopping is a fickle sport.  Some days, usually when you are looking for something specific, you aren't able to find a darn thing, even if you are willing to buy that specific item whatever the cost.  But some days, boy oh boy, do you hit a gold mine!  And today folks, well today was was even better than that.  I'll say that today I hit a diamond mine!

I'll walk you through my finds chronologically (and sorry, all iphone photos today, I'm in a HURRY because tonight is my class after class night)...

I spoke to my Mom on the way to court this morning.  She mentioned seeing in the paper that Dillards had all their sale stuff an additional 30% off today.  I had been hitting up the Dillards close to my house pretty regularly this week because I had been doing some personal shopping for my Meme.  I had heard from my Meme last night and knew that she loved a little flowy sweater that I had gotten her that they had in additional colors, and I had spied a jacket earlier in the week that I liked.

So when I left court, I went straight to Dillards and got a couple of more sweaters for Meme for $12 each and got myself the jacket that I had liked.  It's a cute zebra print.  Kind of a ruffle like bottom (if that makes sense) and is 3/4 sleeves with ruffles at the end of them also, so it will work for spring/summer.  Original price $90~ paid $37.  It my friends, was the worst deal of the day, but I liked it a lots, so I was okay with that.

Then as I was driving away from Dillards, I drove by Coldwater Creek.  They can either be hit or miss, but they had a sale sign out on the sidewalk so I stopped in.  It was a hit!  Here's what I got...

These two jackets...
Red One: Original price $110~ sale price $20...........Purple One: Original price $100~ sale price $16
I also got this jacket on the right....original price $110~ sale price $20
Later I went back with Jennifer and found 3 other things I couldn't live without.  I got the above Kaftan-ish shirt and the two shirts below (they are exactly alike except for color).  When checking out, I mentioned to the saleslady that I wish I had combined my two purchases because then I would have bought enough to use my coupon.  (Note:  I didn't really have a coupon, but they always have one out in some magazine, so I always pretend like I do).  So the manager overhears and says, well we'll just give you the $20 off for the coupon anyway.  So.... Red & Black Kaftan was $9, and the two shirts below were $7 each!  (I cannot remember original prices but I think the ones that were $7 were originally about $55 each and the other was $70ish or more)
Then I went to another Dillards because Jennifer was looking for something that our closest Dillards didn't have in her size.  While there, I thought I'd pop into the furniture department and look at TV Consoles.  I've been looking all over at TV Consoles for over a year.  See, I'm one of the only persons left in this country without an HD Flatscreen.  One reason I don't have one is that one won't fit in my tv cabinet, so a new tv also means buying a new piece of furniture, which means an outlay of lots of money at once.

Anyway, I had decided that I really either wanted a console and hutch (problem: with a hutch I have to immediately have a new tv because they don't accommodate my old kind), or a console.  I hadn't found a console I loved.  I had found several antique buffets that I loved and desperately wished I had the knowledge to covert them to house the components, etc., but of course I don't. 

So I wondered through Dillards and saw this...
The little drawer fronts flip down for your components (just like I had wished I could do on those pretty antique pieces)...
And the bottom portions slide and have lots of storage for DVD's etc.
 I  looked online and the cheapest I saw it anywhere is $1599
....................

But Dillards sold it for $1299

...................

But the Floor Model was marked down to $649

..................

AND

....................

AND

...................

The additional 30% off applied to it too!

.....................

So I got it for $454!!!!!!!!!!

I was too cheap to pay $70 for delivery, so I'm picking it up on Saturday!

I'm so excited!  It meets all my requirements:  It's a visually interesting piece.  It will hold my old tv until I buy a new one.  And best of all, a great price! 

5 comments:

Abby said...

Fabulous!! I love it!! We are suffering from the same problem. Need a new tv but our holder isn't right for them!! Amazing shopping day!! Jealous!

Emilymud said...

Oh gosh...why oh why didn't I know all this good info! I am sad that 8:24 I am reading this amazing shopping post. I may have to hit up my stores and hope for your good luck to come my way. NICE finds...I love the tv stand.

Emma said...

Oh my goodness! What a ton of great finds! Congrats on a successful bargain shopping trip! (The BEST kind, of course!)

Holly said...

Awesome shopping trip! I always hit or miss at Dillard's. We got our Hooker console table there too at a steal last year! I need to start collecting some more professional clothes. I think I'll try Coldwater Creek this evening!

Ann said...

Love the TV console. Beautiful- and so exciting you got such a great deal. Also, I LOVE the zebra coat. I loved it so much that I bought it too- several months ago and paid full price. BUT, I wear it all the time and have tons on compliments on it each time I wear it. Hope you like yours as much as I do mine!!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter