Tis the season...for good movies! There is always a serious movie drought at various portions of the year and then we hit November and BAM!, tons of great movies. Some are already out and some are about to come out, but I need to hit up the theatre ASAP!
Here's my list:
(1) The Ides of March~ I know. This has been out for weeks now. I was suppose to see it early October with a friend, but I was so busy, I cancelled. I still haven't seen it. I really am looking forward to finally seeing this political drama.
(2) J. Edgar~ Also already released. I'm very curious about this Clint Eastwood directed film.
(3) The Descendants~ Another George Clooney flick on my list. Hey, double the George is Christmas come early! It came out on Friday and I'm itching to see it.
(4) The Muppets~ The Muppets and I go way back. Even though I have the deathly fear of (FROGS), this has never impacted my love of Kermit and his friends. It comes out on Wednesday, just in time for Thanksgiving weekend.
(5) New Year's Eve~ This is another Garry Marshall film with lots of big name actors. It comes out on December 9th.
(6) The Iron Lady~ Meryl Streep as Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
(7) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo~ They say this is going to be darker than the book. Is that even possible? I'm still not sold on Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist, but I'm looking forward to seeing it. It releases on December 21st.
(8) In the Land of Blood and Honey~ This was written and directed by Angelina Jolie and it takes place during the Bosnian War. I've been reading about it since before production started, and I'm very curious because I did some research and writing project on this region for my Master's. It opens December 23rd.
What about you guys? Any must see movies on your list?