Skip to main content

Poor Lola

Poor Lola.  I got home from my 8 hour class on Saturday and noticed that Lola seemed to have an ear infection.  First the eye, now the ear!

I had to teach for another 5 hours on Sunday, but once I was done, we headed out of town.  It was time to go see our real vet, you know the one that is a 300 mile round trip!  We made a pit stop in Nocona for the night, so that we could get up early and head to Wichita Falls. 

Lola's the best little traveler.  She just sits and gazes out the window.
 
 
Anyway, wouldn't you know it...Lola has like the worst ear infection in the history of the planet.  One that is multiple strains of bacteria that are likely highly resistant to drugs.  That is coupled with the problem that she has a limitation on what kind of medicine she can take due to her bad pancreas, has the vet quite concerned (me too as you can imagine).  We have a heavy duty antibiotic to take for 21 days and I have to give her an ear wash twice a day.  In three weeks we have to go back to see if it's gone.  If it isn't we will have to send a culture out to have it tested and figure out exactly which strain of bacteria she has so that we know exactly what kind of drug to use to treat it. 
 
Joe, our vet, thought that the severity of this infection is partly due to the trauma from last Wednesday.  The good part of having to go visit the vet, is that he was able to give her eye a check too.  He was really concerned about pressure in her eye (which ER never mentioned).  All looked good though!
 
So my poor Lola needs prayers that her infection clears up.  Poor baby.  

Comments

Legally Lovely said…
Sheesh. Poor Lola is having all sorts of bad luck. I bet she's glad she has a good mommy to take care of her! Will be thinking good thoughts for you and her both. Keep us updated!
courtney said…
poor girl! i hope it all gets cleared up soon! earaches are so painful!
Emily said…
Oh poor girl cant catch a break. We will be thinking of yall hoping the meds will do it. Bless yall's little heart!
JEF said…
Sorry to hear about Lola. Hope she's doing better now.

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo