Skip to main content

Post Christmas

I'm so behind on everything...  I haven't even started putting away Christmas stuff, I haven't seen any movies on my "to-see list", and I haven't blogged about my Post Christmas activities.

I love after Christmas shopping.  I love hitting up the sales on December 26th, then I love hitting up the sales as things go 75% off, and it usually is wrapped up nicely with a big New Years Day sale at Dillards.  This year I was a snowed in Nocona until later in the day on the 26th.  I was really worried because there were a  couple of specific things I really wanted to get up early on the 26th and try to get. 

Luckily, I think that the bad weather all over kept people from getting out as they normally would on the 26th, so I was able to find what I wanted after I got back into town.  The other things were procured for me by my friend Abby and her sister Emily who were in Amarillo (It takes a village, people!). 

One item I really wanted was a white tree at Hobby Lobby.  I wanted it for my office and it was the only place I found a tree that would work.  It had to be really, really skinny, but I wanted it to be at least 6 ft tall.  They had one that I had coveted all season, but I just didn't want to pay what it was costing (even at their 50% off price).  I was so happy that I was able to get it 66% off on the 26th!!

I plan to decorate the white tree in bright ornaments, so I've been hitting the sales and buying more bright colored ornaments for this tree.  Here are a few that I got...

I got some additional ornaments for my living room tree and kitchen tree (because they really needed it, right?).

Abby got me this Spode deviled egg tray...

On Sunday, I met up with Abby's crew as they were on their way home from Amarillo.  So happy to see some of my favorite people...



After lunch at Chuy's, we went to watch the Aggie's practice...

I got my last Christmas gift of the season from my friend Abby.  I love it!  I have to share...
It's the Vera Bradley "Grand Traveler" bag.  It's huge!  I can't wait to travel with it.  Plus I love the Viva la Vera pattern.  Such a great gift to close out the season of gift giving and getting!  I made Lola pose in it so that I could show a "to scale" pic...

On Tuesday morning, I was fired up for the Dillard's NY Day sale.  If you don't know, Dillard's puts everything that is already on sale, an additional 50% off.  My friend Suzanna was attending in Midland, and before I left out I sent her this pic with the caption, "Got my hipster purse on so that I have full use of both hands for the shopping!"
She responded "Coke zero in one hand, phone in another, hipster purse.  I'd say you are ready to shop!"  And I totally was!

I did get lots of bargains.  I actually got several gifts, but I won't show those.  I didn't get too much for myself, but I am very excited about these new leather gloves with "magic" iphone operating fingers that I nabbed for $11!!

I also got this cute little cake stand and cover for $9!  I thought it would be cute to hold a couple of cupcakes or small treats I bring home too often.
So that was my post-Christmas excitement.  

P.S.  Blogger was giving me troubles all day.  I couldn't post photos, so just for the record:  I have now started taking down Christmas decorations!  

Comments

Abby said…
We had so much fun seeing you! Boo that we live so far away!! I love post holiday shopping!
Caroline said…
I'm impressed that you got another tree and ornaments AFTER Christmas. I called my Mom when I was taking down all my decorations and told her to make sure I DO NOT purchase or put up more than 3 trees next year. The undecorating nearly kills me. But, I know come November I'll be thinking about putting up a 4th tree. I'm crazy like that. Love all your goodies.

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo