Skip to main content

The Golden Globes 2013

One of my very favorite "seasons" began on Sunday... awards season!  I know there was a People's Choice Award a week or so ago, but I'm an awards snob and don't count that one.  My Award Season includes:  The Golden Globes, SAG, Grammys, and Academy Awards.

I am so behind on my movies this year that I honestly couldn't pull for one nominee over the other (I plan to remedy that by SAG, or definitely by the Oscars), but that is part of the beauty of the Globes, there are television nominees too!  So I did get to watch those categories with some knowledge, though many I found myself too torn to have an opinion one way or the other.  Take the best Television Drama category...I mean Homeland vs. Boardwalk Empire vs. The Newsroom vs. Downton Abbey!  Why not make me choose between my right leg, left leg, right arm, or left arm!  I could not possibly choose!

One thing I did feel more than capable of judging though...the fashion!

I liked Julianne Hough in this little number by Monique Lhullier.
I don't think that the dress alone was a wowsa, but I think it was the styling that made me like it.  
I liked the princessy dress juxtaposed with the rocker hair-do.


I enjoyed Juliann Moore in this little diddy that Tom Ford whipped up for her...

I also liked Eva Longoria's dress by Pucci.  I loved the lace.  I loved the sleeves.  I thought the back was gorgeous, but I wish the leg slit had been a little less high...

Nicole Kidman looked great in Alexander McQueen...

Good grief!  I'm liking lots of black dresses!  Here's some color...

I loved Jennifer Garner, but I almost always do.  I thought she and Ben were just adorable.  I loved her red Vivienne Westwood gown...

I would have liked Jennifer Lawrence's gown by Dior...


except it did a weird thing with her boobs when viewed from the side...


Before I pick my fav, let me dish about the disasters.

Halle Berry looked terrible in her Versace dress...

and Sienna Miller was just a big ol' doily in her Erdem dress...

And I just couldn't hop on board with Jessica Chastain's whole look (she wore Calvin Klein). 
The dress was too droopy.  The hair too...too...too all around terrible!

I think my favorite of the evening was...


........Drum roll.....




Kate Hudson in McQueen!


I know some people loved it, and some people hated it, but for me, it's all Love Love Love!

As far as seeing the nominated films, I realized yesterday that I have not been to see a movie since Good Friday when I saw Moonrise Kingdom!  What on earth?!?!  

I made a list of movies to see:

Argo
Les Mis
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty
Silver Linings Playbook

if I get really ambitious, I'll add:

Django Unchained
Beasts of the Southern Wild

Life of Pi is the only one I have absolutely zero interest in seeing.

Here is my plan of attack:  I saw that Argo is being released on DVD on 2/19, so my plan is to wait until that week and catch it on Apple TV.  Beast of the Southern Wild has already been released, so that would be easy to see as well.

Yesterday, I took a long lunch and saw Silver Linings Playbook.  I don't really have any order to my list, as I'm just seeing whichever movie is playing at a convenient time.  Today, I wanted to go again, but I got wrapped up in other things (Work, ugh!  How annoying!).  

Did you watch?  Did your favorite movie or television shows win?
Whose dress did you love?  Hate?

Comments

Samantha said…
YES YES AND YES for McQueen!!

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo