Skip to main content

Feeling Like Fall Should HURRY UP Already!

We are less than a week out from October and I am feeling like Fall needs to hurry it the heck up!  I guess I should be grateful that the 10 day forecast appears to be in the 80's (with heat index in the 90's I assume) instead of the upper 90's and feeling over 100', but I'm too busy dreaming of cooler temps.

I've geared up for Fall and I'm ready to wear something other than what I've been wearing since April.  Since we have a little way to go, I'll show you some new Fall items I've purchased for wearing now, and some for when my cooler temps really come...

The first thing you can transition to Fall in Texas is makeup.  Yes, you may still sweat it off, but you can at least sweat off a new Fall pallet of colors.  I have far too much makeup, so I was good and didn't buy any new eye colors, but I did buy 3 new colors of my favorite lipstick in the world.  I've said it before, but Tom Ford is the king of lipsticks.  They are stupid expensive, but the only kind I have worn for years now.  He has had a line called "Boys" for a few years.  I've loved them because the tubes are smaller than his standard size, so I could buy a couple of different colors, or buy two of the same(one for the house and one for my purse).  This Fall he came out with a "Girls" collection.  I purchased one from the Boys and two from the Girls.
Here is a pic from the store.  I picked out my colors in store and then came home and ordered from Neimans on ebates because they had 10% cash back.  (Have you joined ebates?)
This is Mitchell...
This is Lily (weird, but stick with me)...
and this is Ines...
Top to Bottom swatches here are:

Ines
Ines with Lily over the top (see how it changes the color?)
Lily
Mitchell with Lily over the top (again, a different color)
Mitchell

You could smell like Fall too.  I don't have this, but I did try it out at Neiman's the other day.  It's Jo Malone's new fragrance English Oak & Hazelnut (they have English Oak and Red Currant too, but I much preferred the Hazelnut).  It comes in both the large and small size, so if you just wanted a seasonal scent, this is perfect.


Another purchase I made recently was a transitional shoe.  I feel like we may still be a little ways from boots and booties, so I ordered a sandal that seems more Fallish to me.  I ordered a BP pair from Nordstrom that were on a great sale and are now sadly sold out, but these Sole Society are very similar.  I think I can totally wear these now without having a heat stroke that boots might induce.
I can probably start wearing them with my new Wit and Wisdom Absolution Ankle jeans I got on the Anniversary Sale.  I got black and a dark blue, but they also come in a lighter blue and a grey.  If you haven't tried their Absolution jeans, they are so comfy. (I size down one size). 

Now when it cools down just a little bit more, I will be wearing my BP Booties that I got on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  They still have those in stock, but at full price now.  I can't wait to wear them though (size up 1/2 size)...


I also ordered a couple of Caslon Tunics.  They have a 3/4 arm if the sleeve is rolled up, but can be worn long too.  They aren't too thick, so hopefully they can come out before Thanksgiving!  A friend ordered one in every color last year and she said they wash really well.  AND THEY ARE ON SALE!

I ordered black and camel


The last thing I have recently purchased is a BP V-neck pullover.  It's super soft and I like that there isn't a band around the bottom like many sweaters have.  I ordered black, but it comes in a pink and grey too, which are really cute, but I have two new similar sweaters in those colors already.


I hope this gets you in the mood for Fall, if you aren't already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo