Monday, October 12, 2009

News from O

Good grief y'all! I'm currently getting my 5:00 news from none other than Oprah Winfrey!



In case you haven't heard, Oprah is in town visiting the State Fair. She was scheduled to tape a show this morning at Fair Park, but she made a surprise visit yesterday. Y'all, this is just burning me up because I considered going to the fair yesterday, but didn't know who I could get to go with me. I could have gone and met Oprah and Gayle!

She taped her show this morning, but of course I had class at 7 and could not go for that. Then I saw some footage from the taping and wouldn't you know it, she had Nate Berkus there! Nate!!! I could have asked Nate what color to paint my bedroom!

Now, Oprah is co-anchoring our evening news. I mean she really IS co-anchoring...discussing the rain, throwing it to reporters, the whole shebang! It's odd, but I'm loving it!

This whole thing sucks because I spent a good portion of my day having to do a sexual harassment interview instead of stalking Oprah, Gayle and Nate! (I'm doing the investigating for a corporation, I'm not the accused or the accuser in case you were wondering)

4 comments:

courtney said...

i knew she was going to be at the state fair, but i had no idea about the news. how neat!!

Ann said...

Sorry you didn't get to see O!

Angela said...

I grew up in the midwest about 6 hours from chicago and in 96 I went on vacation there with two girlfriends. We went and saw a taping of the oprah winfrey show. We totally lucked out as it was the show promoting The first wives club so we got to screen the movie then she provided lunch (it was during a healthy phase so we had some kind of sprout sandwish (trust me we ate mostly the cookies that were provided)) and then did a show with Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, and Bette Midler!! It was amazing. I still can't beleive I was in the same room as all those women!! And the movie was awesome. I now wish SJP was there but of course she was still not that famous but I would love to say I met her too!! So if we were real friends instead of my just a lurker on your blog I totally would have helped you stalk her!! :D oh and I feel your sad Nate pain he is a hottie so we would have doubly stalked him lol!!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter