Monday, May 17, 2010

Pre-Op

Well the hand has been healing a week, so time to cut it open and start again!  Tomorrow is the new surgery day.  I have to be there at 7:45 for 8:45 surgery.  I really have no idea what the surgery plan is. I haven't really talked to my actual surgeon long enough to get the plan.  I'm not sure how long it will take.  I'm not sure what kind of get-up will be on my hand after surgery.  It is just really all a mystery.

I do know that the pre-op nurse today called to get some medical statistics on me.  She asked if I've ever had surgery.  After I gave her the run down of past procedures (leaving out all oral surgeries even though I was knocked-out for those and a couple of other surgical procedures that didn't require being completely knocked out) she gasp and said "oh my!".  I didn't know I was in the "oh my" category of the world, but apparently I am. 

She also asked some other stuff including "are you depressed".  I had to laugh at that one.  She asked why and i said, "Well I'm suppose to be on the beach in Mexico right now, but instead I'm talking to you about my surgery tomorrow, so what do you think?  Sound depressing?!". 

4 comments:

The Ffrench's said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and waiting for a report. If you aren't feeling up to it...maybe Jennifer can email me and let me know how you are doing. I don't want to bother you :(

Emilymud said...

Wow...good luck on the hand. I will be thinking about you. I am sure it will be fine and you will have an amazing get up on your hand after! HA please post a pic of the after!!!

Abby said...

Saying Prayers for you!! Maybe your an "OH MY" because of your age!!

Amanda said...

Good luck with everything! You will be in my thoughts!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter