Thursday, November 18, 2010

I haven't had much going on this week worthy of blogging about, so I'll just make a random list of things today...

(1) School is winding down. I only have class next Monday and then I have the rest of the week without class. I am just beside myself with excitement. After T-giving, I only have one week of classes left and then one week of final exams. Then I have 5 weeks off before Spring starts up.


(2) I think I have to get started on Christmas decorations this weekend. It looks like the weather is going to be on the cool side the weekend after T-giving, so I'm thinking outside lights this year and inside after T-giving.

(3) Speaking of the outside lights... last year all my Clark Griswold-like decorations blew out my front porch electric plug.  Then sometime later I noticed that my back porch plug wasn't working either.  I figured that there was either a GFCI plug that had switched off or it was a fuse.  I looked and tested things all over the house.  I couldn't find any fuses in the breaker box that weren't attached to the porches and something else and all the "something else" was still working, so that ruled out the fuse.  I went to every single GFCI plug I knew of and made sure it wasn't blown.  No luck.  I finally called an electrician out this week and he was suppose to come today, but then I got a call this morning and the electrician told me he was about 80% certain it was a GFCI issue and that I had a GFCI plug in the garage.  I didn't know there was one in the garage because I have so much crap in my garage.  He gave me a couple of hints about where it was likely located and sure enough, I found it and fixed the problem myself!  Wasn't that so nice of the electrician?

(4) I'm really wanting to make sausage balls this weekend.

(5) I also feel the need to make some pumpkin bread and pumpkin bread cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  That may also happen sometime soon in my kitchen.

4 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

You so need to make sausage balls and everything pumpkin!

Abby said...

Yum!

Ann said...

I'm so impressed with your electrical knowledge. I have so much to learn about home ownership!!

Sausage balls and pumpkin bread sound so good. I may have to make some too!

Amanda said...

So funny, I got stuff to make sausage balls today! Yum!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter