Saturday, September 3, 2011

Game Day!

College Football is back!  Can I get a "woo-hoo!"?  We're not televised this week, but I'm enjoying watching the other games.  How about those Baylor Bears?  Dang!

I did several things to get prepared for this exciting weekend...

First, a trip to Central Market yesterday afternoon to buy lots of yumminess to make it through all the games on this holiday weekend.

Second, making a Red Raider Wreath for my door...

I got this inspiration from Pinterest...


I went to Canton on Thursday and bought some of the "ingredients" to make my own version.

I bought a roll of this metallic deco fabric, or as I like to call it "that damn fabric"...
I really do hate working with this stuff, but I think it looks nice.

As you can see I bought this odd kind of wreath there too.  It's made for using on this type of project.  I decided on a silver wreath to add a little pizazz, or as Lisa pointed out in the store, "When you are going gaudy, you might as well just go really gaudy!".
I had lots of help as you can see...
Then she just gave up any pretense of even helping and moved to the couch...

The "finished" product.  I really do intend to add some other stuff to it.  I just don't know what I want yet.  I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and found a couple of possibilities, but I need to keep looking a bit more before I'm willing to commit.  So for now, this is the finished product...

Ready for game day...


Go Red Raiders!  Wreck 'Em!

5 comments:

courtney said...

SUPER CUTE!! Love the wreath!

Legally Lovely said...

I envy your crafting abilities! You must have the cutest decorated house in your neighborhood!

Abby said...

Hello, You need to sell those on Etsy or at least to your friend Abby!

I LOVE the wreath!!

Emily said...

Love The Wreath!!! Not gonna lie yours looked a million times better than the one from pinterest!!! And yes the TCU Baylor game was on last night---helloooooo Bears :) oxo

Savanah said...

Wreck 'Em Tech!!! Where did you get that garden flag?? I love it!!! And your wreath is gorgeous. You've inspired me!!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter