I've been AWOL for another week, so this is a random catch-up post... a week's long stream on consciousness post, so beware!
(1) I didn't just buy myself the Louis for my birthday. I bought a wonderful new cookbook that I really need to crack open and try...
I also got myself an iPad...
This was the year of birthday indulgences. And hey, I'm just doing my part to stimulate the economy!
(2) The weather is cooler and I'm loving it! If only I could live in sweaters and boots year round!
(3) It's almost November. Eek! That means the Christmas panic has set in here. Christmas cards are midway through the ordering process. I've completed some Christmas shopping already, but Mom is coming in two weeks for our marathon shop-fest.
(4) I'm so in love with Pinterest that it's not even funny.
(5) I got a new wireless router this week. Mine was really crapped out and since installing it, I'm loving my faster electronic life again.
(6) I'm thinking that I'm really going to miss seeing Oprah's favorite things this year. How am I suppose to know what to put on my Christmas list?
(7) The Texas Rangers have killed me this week. All the late nights, the elation, the frustration...I mean we were a freaking strike away from winning the whole shebang TWICE and ended up losing it last night.
Thus is the plight of a Rangers fan. It's easy to love a team that always wins, but it takes heart to love the underdogs. Kinda like being a Red Raider too (who deserve a shout out for the WIN against OU last Saturday...more of a birthday gift than any girl could have hoped for!).
Before I wrap up my random thoughts on baseball, I feel the need to share that prefer the short pants and tall socks on the players to the long pants. Last week, Jennifer and Kyle looked at me like I had two heads when I made this proclamation, but I'm sticking to my guns. I think old school must just be how I roll...
Have a great weekend!