Friday, November 8, 2013

Kara Goes to Washington, D.C. {last day, plus Fall Foliage}

I certainly didn't plan this trip (like at all), but if I had, I couldn't have picked a better time to go to DC and enjoy the gorgeous fall foliage.  We get a bit of fall foliage here in Texas, but the colors are not the same as in DC.  I just couldn't get enough.  Seeing these sights made me think of the quote from Ann of Green Gables, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."

Because I have so many pics of the beautiful golds, reds, and oranges, I decided to put them all in one post.

Get ready for Fall Overload!
















I took this pics from my phone as the cab zipped down the road...

On Saturday, I got to the airport way too early, so I had the cab drive me to Alexandria, VA to look at more leaves!  I took these in Old Town Alexandria...



It was such a great trip!  I feel really fortunate to have been invited to such a great event, and have had the ability to drop everything and go.  I got on the plane sad about going home, but had the pleasure of sitting behind Cory's Aunt and Uncle.  We got to talk along the way, so the fun continued! 

0 comments:

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter