Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Portrait

I have been tempted more times than I can count, to have a portrait painted of Lola.  Usually, it is the price that puts me off the temptation.  Several weeks ago, I saw some cool images on instagram that were pictures that had somehow been turned into "paintings".

These were done with an app called Waterlogue.  I can't remember what the app cost, but I'm thinking it was $2.99.  Now that is usually more than I want to spend on an app (I'm cheap like that), but I decided it was worth it.

I took some good photos of Lola on her birthday.  I took them with my camera, then emailed them to myself, saved them on my phone, and then used Waterlogue to "paint them".  Then a few days later, I noticed that another blogger had done the same, but she had ordered a canvas print of the "painting".

So I couldn't resist doing the same.  I got the canvas in the mail this week and I'm so happy with the result!

Here is the original picture I took...

The Waterlogue "painting" that I did...

The canvas...

The model with her painting...

I think this is the neatest thing!  It is a wrapped canvas, so you don't have to frame it.  I haven't decided if I am going to frame it or not.  I think it depends on where I decide to hang it.  I'm doing a little redecorating in my living room, and creating a gallery wall of sorts, so if I decide to hang it there, then I will most likely frame it since all the other pictures on that wall are framed.  

0 comments:

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter