Skip to main content

Planning my next adventure...

I'm constantly "planning" my next adventures in head.  I have an always updating list in my head of places I want to visit and things I want to see there.  If someone offered me all the cash I needed for whatever I could plan in a couple of hours, I'd be set.

I've been wanting to go to London.  This is nothing new, I always want to go to London.  The difference is that I wanted to go for a specific purpose and on a specific timeline.  I wanted to go see the Kensington Palace Diana Exhibit which is on until January.

I also really wanted to see the Fife Tiara and Queen Victoria's Emerald Tiara that have very recently gone on display at KP as well..


So I've been thinking about where I could go in addition to London, and contemplating trying out the discount air carrier, Wow Airlines, since they are now flying out of Dallas.  I finally narrowed my "other" destination to Iceland or Amsterdam.  Both those locations seemed better suited for a summer trip rather than my typical December vacation.  

Last week, I settled on Amsterdam and booked my flights (which will layover in Iceland because that's how Wow Airlines works).  I booked the hotels, museum visits, and additional tours in just a couple of hours.  A friend commented, "Wow when you have decided to go, you get busy".  I think it's because I have that constant itinerary updating in my brain!

So as I said, I booked the museum visits:  Kensington Palace in London, Rijksmuseum, Anne Frank House, and Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.  I also booked a couple of tours:  an all day tour to Bruges, Belgium, and a half day tour out to the Dutch countryside to see windmills, a clog making demonstration, a fishing village, and a village known for it's cheese.

After booking my trip and thinking I had things settled, a couple of surprises presented themselves...

At Westminster Abbey (which I hadn't planned on visiting this trip), they are opening the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Galleries on June 11th.  So now, I have to TRY and visit (I say TRY because tickets will be available online from August on, but for June and July it's walk up only).  

And then I realized I would be there for 2 of the last 4 days of Wimbledon.  This is probably in the Top 3 of my Bucket List items!  (Attending all of the Grand Slams is on my list, but this one is at the TOP).  Then I looked for tickets.  Which is complicated and turns out because of the complication, incredibly expensive for the ones that can be sold.  Finally this morning I decided YOLO and got myself a ticket!

So this little casual trip, is really shaping up to be a trip of a lifetime.  I can't wait.  Of course I will update on my instagram (@legallyblondekf) when on vacation, and then here once I'm back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo