Skip to main content

Playing Catch-up {Again}

I've been AWOL from the blog again.  You know you've been MIA for too long when you start getting text messages & calls from your friends wanting to know if everything is alright with you since you haven't blogged in a while.  While I wish I could say I won the powerball and have been so busy managing my millions that I failed to blog, my absence can actually be explained by far less mundane reasons like teaching and sickness. 

For the previous 5 weeks, I've been teaching two summer classes.  This means I left my house at 5:30 to get to my 6:00 class.  That class went to 8:00, then I had a 10 minute break before my 8:10 class started.  It went until 10:10, which meant I rolled into my house about 10:30 each night.  This was a Monday-Thursday deal.  For various reasons, I never got to bed before 12:30 (and often it was 1:30), and usually had to be in court by 8:30 the next morning.  I've been a little tired to say the least. 

The last week and a half, I've been sick too.  It's oh so wonderful to lose your voice when you have to teach 4 hours per night!  Luckily, I was able to supplement with some videos I planned to show anyway, and I think I'm finally almost over this sinus issue, bronchitis, etc. that's been plaguing me.

Unfortunately, I will likely go absent from the blog again very soon.  Fall semester starts up next week (and I have faculty meetings two nights this week ~ BOO!).  For the fall, I'll be doing my long lunch two days a week and teach in the middle of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, BUT I'm also doing one of those crazy weekend classes for the first three weeks.  So if I can just make it until September 16th, it will all be downhill from there!

But here's what I've been up to in any spare time I could find.... Shopping.  Internet Shopping to be more specific ('cause that can be done from your bed on your ipad at 1:00 a.m.!).

Remember how I was sad that I didn't buy the Ray Bans I wanted at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and they had sold out?  Well, persistence pays off sometimes!  I finally found them restocked, and ordered them.  Actually, I ordered two pair.  Originally, I wanted black, but they didn't get restocked.  The tortoise shell ones did get restocked.  Though they were polarized and cost a bit more, I ordered them anyway.  Then the black ones got restocked so I ordered them too. 



Once I got them both in, I decided that the black was just too dark against my pale complexion, and the tortoise shell are the better choice. 

In all my online shopping of the past few weeks, I've decided that sites that have a cute little angle to their e-mails and websites are just delightful!  Here are some examples:

My adorable godson turned one.  Here he is celebrating at Disneyland...
I ordered him some outfits from Boden for his b-day, and got this adorable shipping info from them...
Why yes!  I will pop the kettle on!
 
And speaking of tea, I went on a search for some Decaf Earl Grey tea last week.  If I want tea and it's dark-thirty, I need to go the Decaf route.  But apparently it is hard to find.  According to World Market, they only have it during the holidays. (?)  I considered my options and decided I couldn't wait until November, so I ordered some from The Republic of Tea.  I enjoyed their order confirmation....
 
 
How fun!  I think I would like to live in the Republic of Tea!
 
Today, there was a Lilly Pulitzer sale.  I slept in a bit, so I figured there would be little left when I got online, but when I logged on I saw this...
A crashed website is totally annoying, but how cute was their message?
Since it was down for about 2 hours, I was sitting pretty to purchase a couple of gifts for some folks once it came back up.  I've seen several ecards about it too...
Who else has seen adorable messages from online retailers?  It totally makes me want to go back and shop from them more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo