Skip to main content

Looking into a crystal ball, I see a vacation in my future!

I'm going on a vacation!  Where am I going?  If you had told me 4 days ago that I'd been going there, I'd have told you that you were crazy.  I haven't really had any desire to go there, but here's how it all played out...

My uncle has these Hyatt points that can be used at the Hyatt Vacation Clubs.  He offered points to me, so I looked online and found that I was in love with this resort in Sarasota, Florida, which was right on the beach.  It appeared that the resort was available, so I got super excited about going on a vaca when I hadn't thought I'd be going on one this year.  Then this morning, I discovered that just because the hotel has reservations available, that doesn't mean it has reservations for people using Club Points. 

Then I decided that I was too sad to give up a vaca that I now had my heart set on it.  I did a search for other locations... I mean 7 nights away is 7 nights away, right?  Especially, if the said 7 nights were free.  So I decided I was willing to go somewhere that I wouldn't have necessarily selected if I was paying full price.

Which brings us back to the question~ Where am I going?
I'm going to Sedona, Arizona
Red Rock Country
Only 2 hours from The Grand Canyon
(which I will visit)
A great pool to relax by while reading my Nook
The only room available was a studio, so my room will look something like this
I'm actually super excited!

And it even gets better than a free room...
My parents were nice and gave me a free flight too.

So my 7 nights and flight have cost me a whopping $44 ($5 for flight taxes, and $39 to covert the Hyatt points)!!!

Woot!  R&R here I come!

Comments

Emily said…
I am so excited for you....we personally love AZ! Now we got to Scottsdale, but I am sure you will have a blast. I can't wait to read about it.
courtney said…
aw, i'm so jealous! i've actually always wanted to go to arizona, so i'm anxious to hear how this trip is!
Caroline said…
I can't wait to hear all about it too. I've been wanting to go to Arizona too. Hope you have a great trip!
Legally Lovely said…
Oh, that looks fabulous! I'm sorry to hear that your first option didn't work out, but the pictures of Arizona make me think you'll enjoy it just as well. :) I can't wait to hear your recap and hopefully see some pictures of your trip! HAVE FUN!
Abby said…
Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you! I don't normally like Arizona but I do think Sedona nd the gc are fabulous! So fun!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...