Skip to main content

A Florida Vacation

I went to Florida last week with my friend Abby & her family.  We had such fun at the beach!

Our view from the condo
(iphone pic)

As soon as we got there on Sunday, we were ready to head to the beach...


After staying at the beach until sunset on Sunday, we went to dinner and then to the local Walmart.  We were at Walmart from 9-11 p.m. and it was as crowded as the day before Thanksgiving.  Nutso!  Everything was just about sold out...

 Monday, we enjoyed another great beach day and then went out to Baytowne Wharf .





We had dinner at Acme Oyster, one of my favorite New Orleans restaurants, which happens to also have a Florida location...
Abby & her mom waiting on dinner...
Crawfish & Shrimp Po-boy...
Red Beans & Rice...
Tuesday morning we woke up to Rain.  Normally not what you want to see on a beach vacation, but since it's been so long since we've seen any precipitation in Texas, we were not too sad.  Abby, her mom and I hit up the outlet mall, which was conveniently across the street from our condo!

Then we went to pick up Brian and the little people for dinner at Fudpuckers...
Feeding the Gators...
They let you write your name on any surface at that place, and I believe that I've never seen a family who loves to graffiti more than this crew!

Wednesday began with some rain, but it cleared off before long and we headed to the beach.

We all discussed how much fun we had digging in the sand, but it was this guy's favorite thing to do.
I left my "beach camera" battery at home, so I only took iphone pics at the beach. 

We also walked along the beach and picked up seashells.

Abby's mom kept the kids on Wednesday night, so we headed back out to the Wharf and hit up Acme again  (yes, it's just that good!)
Sadly, since I'm still solo at the firm, I had to head back on Thursday morning.

It was such a fun trip!  I finally picked up a bit of a tan, and had fun hanging out with friends.

Comments

courtney said…
so fun! i love that you went on vacation with them! i want to take a travel buddy on my next vacation, too!
Emily said…
Looks like a blast. I am glad you posted pic so I could see what my family did with you all week! Now back to heat and no rain!
Abby said…
We had so much fun. I still can't get over the walmart!! Crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...