Skip to main content

Fruit Pizza

Fruit Pizza has been around for awhile.  It's nothing new.  It's nothing exciting.  It's super easy. 

I decided to make one to take to a friend's house this past weekend. The primary reason I decided to make one is that it only requires 12-14 of oven time, and in this Texas heat, that is a big plus.



(because I'm a ding-bat, I only took a photo with my iphone)

I had forgotten just how darn good this is as a summer dessert!  YU-MMY!  So, if you've never made one, get crackin'.  If you had forgotten about this tired old recipe, break it back out and make it soon!  Your taste buds will thank you!

Fruit Pizza



Place 1 roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough onto a greased pizza pan.  Pat it flat.*  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, then let cool.

Mix together:

2- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Then spread over the top of the cooled cookie.

Then arrange your fruit.** Peach slices around rim, then strawberries, bananas, seedless grapes, pineapple chunks, and pineapple slice in the middle. 

After you've got your fruit arranged, you are going to cover it with a glaze (make glaze earlier so that it can cool before you put it on your fruit).  Don't skip the glaze, it will keep your fruit from turning brown.

Glaze:  Combine 1/2 cup pineapple juice, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 Tablespoons of corn starch in a pan. Heat over stove-top.  Keep stirring until it thickens.  Then let it cool before spooning over fruit. 

*I think they've changed the Sugar Cookie dough since this recipe was invented.  It still tastes good, but I probably wouldn't push it completely up to the edge of the pizza pan.  There is a chance that if you do push it to the edge, it will rise up, run over the edge of your pan, and fall to the bottom of your oven and start smoking something awful.

**This is just a guide. You can use whatever fruit is in season or even some canned is okay. You can see I did my own thing. I'm a rebel like that. I don't like rules. Don't fence me in!

Comments

Emily said…
As I'm sitting eating my veggies and hummus for lunch at work--I am TOTALLY DROOLING over the fruit pizza pics and recipe. Delish! Happy Monday. oxo
Caroline said…
It looks fabulous. I haven't made one in a really long time.

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...