Skip to main content

A Fun Visit

I had such a fun weekend thanks to a visit from my friend Ann!  Sadly, I guess we were having too much fun for photos, so all I've got is a couple I snapped on my phone and a couple I "borrowed" from a website. 

Ann flew in from Lubbock on Friday afternoon.  She came with gifts of cupcakes and a couple of cute Vera Bradley pieces in my pattern.  Let me tell you about these cupcakes.  They were G O O D !  They come from a place called Cake in Lubbock.  Ann brought Pink Champagne, Red Velvet, Coconut and Lemon.  The Pink Champagne and Lemon were my favs.  Here's a pic of the inside of Cake...

and the pink champagne (I'd die for the recipe!)...

We went from the airport to Northpark to do a little light shopping and meet up with our friend Courtney for dinner at PF Changs.  I toted my heavy camera all over the stinking mall and did not take ONE photo!

On Saturday, we shopped around town until about 4:00, when we came home and watched our idol, Sarah Richardson, on her new show Sarah 101 on HGTV.  After that we felt the decorating bug and went to Ikea & Home Depot to procure some supplies to do a mirror project I've been wanting to do for a long while (more to come on that later).

We had dinner at Fireside Pies before coming home to tackle the project.  We had some yummy drinks & food.  I had this Tangerine Ginger drink.  It was so YUM!

And our pizza was surely healthy right?  I mean look at that pile of spinach & tomatoes!

Sunday we did brunch at a fab local place called Bonnie Ruth's before I had to return my friend to the airport to fly back to West Texas. 

It was such a fun weekend, but I'm sorry I was a poor blogger and didn't document with more photos.

Thanks for coming Ann!  I can't wait to come visit you during football season!

Comments

Rebeka said…
Ooh this sounds like so much fun and I want to eat all of that food/drink those delicious drinks! YUM!
Legally Lovely said…
This sounds like the perfect girly weekend! I am a huge sucker for a good cupcake, and those look DELISH. I am so glad you had a good time! And, if you didn't take time to take pictures, must have just meant that you were having too much fun to bother with a camera. :) That's always a good thing!
Caroline said…
I had the best time!! Thanks so much for letting me visit during a time you are so busy at work. I can't wait for your visit this fall!

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...