Skip to main content

A prOject on the horizon

There is a prOject on the horizon (see, I typed that out so that you would say prOject in your head just as if Sarah Richardson herself was saying it with her Toronto-Canadian accent instead of my American accent).

The prOject will take place in my master bedroom and bath.  The bedroom is NOT in for a major overhaul, thank the Lord.  I'm still happy with all that I did back a year and a half ago, but there have been a couple of things that I thought needed a tweak and so I brought in an interior decorator to tell me whether or not some of my ideas were crazy or a must-do prOject. 

The bathroom, well, that's another story.  It's in for as big an overhaul as I can tackle on my own.  I'd still love to tear out the shower and start over, but that's not in my budget right now.

I'm sharing some before pics of both rooms. 

Can you figure out from the angle of the photos, what's in store for the bedroom?
(ignore the fan...it's part of the ugly truth that is summer in Texas)

Kathleen, the decorator, suggested switching this mirror from horizontal to vertical, which was exactly the answer.  Of course, it is just sitting there right now, but it will be hung up eventually.  We are both on the look out for some sconces to go on each side.  This picture that I took down is getting a new home in the bathroom...
These aren't true before photos.
As you might spy, there are some paint swatches painted up on the wall...
and you might catch a glimpse of my recent "mirror prOject"...
Anyone want to come for a painting party?

Comments

Caroline said…
So excited to see the completed projects and your paint colors. I love to play Sarah Richardson, so just let me know when you decide to paint and I'll see if I can make it!

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...