Skip to main content

Some Perks

Today is my take advantage of what few perks I get in life day.

Perk #1- Nordstrom Pre-Sale.  The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale begins tomorrow, but card holders could take advantage of the pre-sale beginning July 3rd.  I had wanted to wait until pay day mid-July before purchasing, because the Nordstrom card I have is not a credit card, but it debits from my bank account (see Perk #2). 

Today I called and placed my order over the phone and the items will be waiting for me to pick them up tomorrow (except for a couple that were ordered and will ship to me).  I really just ordered the stuff that I knew I wanted for sure, or that I knew what size I needed.  I will go browse tomorrow for a few more possibilities.  Many of the items I ordered were my Mom doing early Christmas shopping for me. 

Perk #2- Because I write my own  paychecks, pay day was the 14th of this month instead of the 15th so that I could do my Pre-Sale shopping! 

Some of my Christmas Presents:


These Ugg "Ansley" Moccasins are almost just like a pair that I already own, but have worn smooth out!  The ones I currently have, have the stupid tie thingy that constantly comes untied, so I think these will be the most perfect house shoes ever to be purchased in the history of mankind!  Mine will be Chocolate instead of black.  My feet are anxiously waiting to unwrap these babies at Christmas (and for the temperature to be cool enough to wear them!).

I also ordered this Barefoot Dreams wrap.  They are sold out in stores from the pre-sale, so it is being shipped and sadly I cannot try it in.  The sales lady tried to talk me into ordering a S/M instead of a L/XL, but I assured her that, not even in some bizarre alternate universe, do I need a S/M for anything involving my top half!  She did tell me that she insisted in sending it to one customer who kept assuring her that she didn't want it.  The lady apparently loved it so much that she called and ordered 7 more for Christmas gifts.  Here's hoping I love it when it comes in too! 

So, Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale to everyone!  It is one of my favorite holidays afterall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...