Skip to main content

Summer Shows

I hear people say that they don't like summer because there is nothing to watch on television.  Now maybe I'm easy to please, but I completely disagree!  I find plenty of shows to watch in the summer.  Sure they aren't on your standard network television, but if you tune into cable, you'll find something that is sure to please.  Here are some of my summer go-to shows by category:

Trashy Television

What's not to love.  We have three Housewives going on Bravo bringing us into the OC, NYC and New Jersey, the Kardashian Hollywood hijinks, and the Eastwood clan and their new show set in dreamy Carmel, California. 

Coming to an End

Several of my Summer favorites are wrapping up this year.  The Closer started airing its last 6 episodes this week.  I'm going to miss Chief Brenda Johnson, and I'm all sorts of torn up about the upcoming discovery of who is the mole in Brenda's Major Crimes Division!



Also, Weeds on Showtime has just started it's final season.  I'm not very torn up about this.  I think it is time they wrap this up.  


New Shows

I've already expressed my love for the new Dallas.  I'm still loving the weekly dose of the Ewing clan and was happy to read that it has been picked up for a second season already.


Another new show, I tuned into this summer is Bunheads.  I'll be honest, the only thing that got me to tune in to this show is that it is the new show by the creator of my beloved Gilmore Girls.  While it is not GG, it is witty and I love that many of the GG characters are popping up in this show.


The Others

Some of the others I watch in the summer include Rizzoli and Isles on TNT and Royal Pains on USA.  I also watch Army Wives on Lifetime, even though I'm always less than enthused about it. 

My New Obsession


My new love is The Newsroom on HBO.  I was very much looking forward to this new show because of Aaron Sorkin.  My love for Aaron Sorkin runs deep.  Then The Newsroom got not so great reviews.  Many said that it was too speechified.  I thought the first episode was so so.  I thought the second episode was better.  By episode three I was in love.  


The best part about all of this is that summer school is over!  Now instead of depending on my DVR 4 nights a week, I get to actually watch television!

What about you?  Any shows you love in the summer that I'm missing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...