Skip to main content

The Day I Lost My Mind

I've never been a black friday early morning shopper.  Door Busters were never my cup of tea.  Partly because growing up at least an hour from anything, getting to a store at dark thirty just wasn't anything we were going to do.  Since moving to a place where stores are closer, I still haven't gotten up for the chaos.  Mostly because my alarm goes off and I decide that sleep is better than crowds and deals.

Yesterday, things started opening in the evening.  I had bought a gift for someone last week at Target, and Target was now offering a $20 gift card if you bought the said item.  So I decided that "I'd just run right out and buy another one".  Ha ha ha ha!

Luckily, Jennifer and her sister had decided to hit up Toys R Us at 8:00 only to never make it inside.  They abandoned that ship and went and got in line at Target.  When I got there, I cut in line with them. 

Let me describe the scene (if you are familiar with Super Target's this will help).  If you are facing the store, you could only enter the doors on the far right side.  The line started there.  It went all the way across the front.  Down the side.  All the way to the back of the building, and then began snaking around.  Here's our view from the line...

Once inside, it was kind of chaos.  At this point, I did "run" and get my item.  Then I noticed that there were some decent deals on televisions, so I called my Mom.  I knew that our church back home was buying a television as part of a family gift for a family that we "adopt" every year for our angel tree.  So I snagged a 40 inch LED TV.  Here was some of that scene...

Then we hunted for movies, toys, kiddie pajamas, sheets, etc.  Once we were done, we headed up to check out.  When we got up front, we saw this and thought that the check out started at the other side of the store...

When we got to what was the end of the line, we were sent down this long aisle (all the way from produce to the back of the store by frozen foods)...

When we got to what we again wrongfully assumed was the end of the line, we discovered that the line was snaking all the way down each and every one of the food aisles...


Down...

and around...

Heck, I just did a little grocery shopping while I was at it!  I went to a couple of different Targets today that aren't as heavily shopped.  I was able to get a few items that were sold out last night, but I made my biggest black friday purchase online (more to come).  I do NOT plan to make this a yearly event!

Comments

Legally Lovely said…
Black Friday shopping is such a rush! I did Target when it opened last year and it drove me crazy being around so many people. I went this year about an hour after it opened, and it was empty! Much better.

Good for you though for braving those crowds. Glad you got some good deals!

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...