Skip to main content

Austin & Outlets

My friend Abby and I had a plan to go outlet shopping.  Our plan had been to meet in College Station and stay at her "Aggie Cabin", and drive over to San Marcos to go outlet shopping.  Then at the last minute, after mapping out the trip, we decided our plan was stupid, so we tossed Plan A out the window and went with Plan B.

Plan B consisted of meeting in Austin on Friday afternoon.  We ventured out to the LBJ Presidential Museum & Library.  Neither of us had ever been even though we have been to Austin countless times. 

I loved Lady Bird's china!
 
 
There was a temporary exhibit there of photos from the presidential photographers, which was perfect, because photos are something Abby & I both love.  This one of "43" and Barney was definitely one of my favs...
 
 
At one point this great seal (above) is to your front as you walk down a staircase, and if you turn around you see the Library collection (below).  It's pretty cool.
 
After the library, we hit up the mall.  We did some Vera Bradley returns and shopping, and we picked out the outfits for all of Abby's family to wear for their Christmas Card pictures.  After shopping, we hit up the original Chuy's for dinner and then went to find "Hey Cupcake!" food truck for a late night snack.
 
The next morning, we got up and drove south to San Marcos for some outlet shopping.  We strategically parked our cars around the mall at the places we anticipated doing the most damage.  I parked outside of the Vera Bradley store.  We were among the first few to enter the store and scored some great finds (luggage!), as demonstrated by the backseat and the way back of my SUV!
Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma outlet was a real disappointment to us, but we had fun looking around for the rest of the day.  We were staying in San Marcos for Saturday night, so we went to check in the hotel.  In a funny coincidence, my friend Jenn and her family were in from Florida and staying at the same hotel!
 
On Sunday we parted ways and I drove to my parents so that I could take Lola to the vet on Monday and have lunch with my Meme for her birthday.  All in all, it was a fabulous trip!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...