Skip to main content

Next European Adventure

I recently got a hankering to visit the Alsace region of France.  When I say this, more often than not, I get puzzled looks.  Here's a little map assistance...


This is the area of France, and really all of Europe, that is best described as "Fairytale Villages".  It has gone back and forth between France and Germany over the years, so it has influences from both countries.  It also includes Strasbourg which is a Christmas market legend, so why not do another Christmas Market tour?  

I will fly to Paris and spend a couple of days there.  I've been to Paris, but that was 22 years ago, so I want to do some things I missed the first go around, or things I want to see again.  The must see places on my list are Musee d'Orsay (my favorite museum, so it gets a re-visit for sure), Sainte-Chapell, Galeries Lafayette, and see the Champs-Elysees all decked out for Christmas.  I did not love Paris the first go around, but I have found a cute little boutique hotel that is in the 1st District and right in the hub of everything, so I'm getting excited to give it another try.

I'll then travel to Strasbourg.  The next stop will be Colmar, and around Colmar are adorable villages which are a must visit for me (one of which was the basis for Disney's Beauty and the Beast village).  Luckily during the Christmas holidays, they have a bus that you can take from village to village, where normally you would have to rent a car.

After Colmar, I will go to Basel, Switzerland.  I haven't been to Switzerland, so that will be a new country I check off on this trip.  I have read that Basel has a great Christmas market, and what I'm hoping is amazing chocolate!

Finally I will make my way to Germany because I fly out of Frankfurt.  I'm flying out of Frankfurt because (1) the flight was a little cheaper than flying back out of Paris, and WAY cheaper than flying out of Zurich, and (2) I prefer to make a horseshoe track and see new sights rather than completely backtracking to Paris.  I hope to make a stop in Freiburg, Germany along the way, and then go to the Frankfurt market (the largest Christmas market) the evening before I fly back home.

I have booked my plane ticket, 5 hotels (!!!), but now I need to get on booking train tickets, and any activity tickets that need advanced purchase.  

I thought I had everything I could possibly need for the trip, but wouldn't you know, Switzerland has it's own unique electrical plugs.  Those are ordered and on the way to me.  I decided last year I could wear the same thing daily and nobody would know because all you can see in pictures is my parka and scarf, so I also nabbed a new scarf.  

As always, you can follow along on my instagram (and don't forget to check the instagram stories) while I'm gone:  @legallyblondekf

And once I get home, I will post trip updates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's SATC Saturday Again

First, I will start you off with a little movie... Sex and the City- All the Best Moments from the Movie. WARNING : If you haven't seen the movie, don't watch this.  Oh, and also please rectify this ASAP.  Ann-  they have the movie at your local TJ Maxx for $5.99.  I meant to buy it for you when I was there and bring it to you at Robin's party, but I got distracted by lamps and forgot (sorry!).  This week has been pretty lame-o on the updates front. All I have found is that there are reports of some drama on the set between Kim Cattrall and SJP.  Of course there have been reports in the past that these two gals didn't get along (personally I think it is just because KC is a little too big for her britches and doesn't seem to always remember that SJP is an executive producer and Carrie is, well the star ).  There are also reports that SJP is possibly a little overwhelmed with having the two new twin girls and little James Wilkie to take care of...

Join my Party

Welcome to my Christmas Shin-Dig! I've never thrown a blog party before so I'm kind of nervous, but that can just be our little secret. I have lots of things I want to include in my party, so I've decided the best way to tackle this is to do several posts, so keep scrolling down so that you don't miss a single thing that goes on at this party! I always try to have party favors when I throw a party, and this one shouldn't be an exception, so I am giving away a prize. Here are some photos of the prize All you have to do to enter is comment on one of my Christmas Party Blog entries. I will put all the names in a hat and draw a winner. I will post the winner's name on my blog on Sunday, so check back to see if this cute little Santa bubble light is coming to your house! All entry comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. If this is your first trip to my blog, Welcome! Please come back and see me again!

A Blogiversary Giveaway!

One week from today will mark 2 years since I started this whole blogging thing.  I'm very excited about this blogiverary because an opportunity has come up for me to do a giveaway for you guys!  My sponsor has many websites that sell just about everything... lately I've been looking at the site for luggage  because I'm feeling the need for a new carry on bag for my upcoming trip to NOLA.  But more about the giveaway!  Here's a picture of a couple of samples... I will be giving you a set of Tervis tumblers!  If you don't know about Tervis tumblers, they are great because they keep your beverage super cold and they don't sweat all over your table!  As you can see, I'm feeling the collegiate tumblers in honor of the upcoming football season, but if you are the winner, I will give you a couple of choices: (1) You can choose from over a hundred different tumbler themes to fit your personality or lifestyle:  Texas themes, Initial...