Day One in Paris was much more about culture and history, whereas Day 2, well it was a bit more about superfluous activities. I did get up early and headed out because I wanted to be somewhere when a store opened, but more about that in a minute.
I started my day at Eric Kayser's, where there were loads of amazing choices...
I had what became my standard breakfast in France, a pain au chocolat and Coke Zero. For the record, it was the BEST pain au chocolat of my whole trip.
I then took an Uber to Citypharma because this was my first destination of the day. Skincare is a very serious thing in France, and this is THE place to go for discounted skincare items. I had read, and heard, that it gets super crazy in there, so I wanted to be there early in the day to avoid some of the crazy. My plan worked because it wasn't that crowded and I was able to look around and didn't have to "use my elbows" as someone had warned me I would have to do. I'll have to do another post about what I bought and my reviews.
After I was done at Citypharma, I walked to Pierre Hermé which I had read had some of the best macarons and other sweets in Paris. I got 4 different macarons which I sampled over the next couple of days, and I will attest that they were mighty yummy! I know Laudree is more well known, but I've had their macarons and wanted to try something different.
I then went to Patrick Roger, which I had read had amazing chocolate and caramels. They were VERY expensive, so I just got a few to sample. I tried one that day, and it was very good, but I just remembered when I was uploading this pic that I never tried the caramel or other one I bought. I had to go on a search for them, found them, and I think I'm glad I didn't try them in Paris, because I might have spent a fortune on caramels!
I walked over to Le Bon Marche next. Le Bon Marche was founded in 1838 and was one of the first modern department stores.


The also had my favorite Christmas decor!
A Lego Schanuzer!
Inside the hanging trees were spectacular.
Their window displays were my favorite. They had trees that would look like normal trees, but when it was their time for a show, they would spin around and were marching bands...
and Moulin Rouge dancers...
After I was done at Le Bon Marche, I walked around that area a bit, and then took an Uber back to my hotel to drop off all my purchases (I had a BIG bag from Citypharma). Then I set out on foot, and my first stop was Angelina for lunch.
I had quiche and salad...
But dessert was the star of this meal. I had chosen Angelina because everyone says you just have to have their hot chocolate. I got that, but also their signature dessert called the Mont Blanc. The base is a meringue, that is topped with chantilly cream, and then chestnut cream vermicelli. Holy moly this was good!
The hot chocolate was very good as well.
I walked back over for similar views to the day before, but with sun and no clouds...
The Champs-Élysées
I walked along some shopping streets, window shopping, smelling tea in the Marriage Freres shop, and then finally up to Printemps, another french department store that dates back to 1865.
They had window displays too, but a large tree inside, best seen on video...
After that, I was on to another department store called Galeries Lafayette. They do a massive tree that is different every year...
After that, I walked over to a tour company and booked a night tour of lights. I had to be back for that tour by 5:30, so I ubered over to the hotel, where unfortunately, I had to do a little work, charge up my phone, and put on some warmer clothes before heading back out.
Louis Vuitton...
The lights were all so pretty. Unfortunately it was hard to take pics of lights in the dark on a moving bus, but I was happy at least these turned out.
Stay tuned for Day 3, when I say Au revoir to Paris and head to a new location...

















Comments